Friday, April 12, 2013

Temptations

I'm on Day 12 of "no impulse buy April" which basically means that I'll only buy something for myself if I absolutely need it or there is a compelling reason why I should have it right away. This policy does not include food items or subscription services, like my monthly Glam Bag, which hello? Would count as a necessity anyway. I've done remarkably well so far, I haven't slipped up once. 

With that being said, I am doing some serious online window shopping. What's been making me drool lately?


The Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Vault

40 full sized Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils. These pencils are basically my Holy Grail of eye products. They never smudge or fade, not even on my waterline. There's an amazing assortment of colors and finishes, and sometimes I don't even bother with eyeshadow, I just prime my lids (with UD primer, of course) and use one of these pretty pencils. Some of the finishes are sparkly, some are matte, but every single one of them is a creamy, dreamy pencil dream. This set is $295. Not what I'd go out and spend on a whim anyway, but its actually an amazing deal because these pencils retail at $19 plus tax each. Add it up and you're getting a value of around $800. Where's my fairy godmother when I need her? 
Grove Court Floral Maise Bag by Kate Spade
Does Kate ever get it wrong? I freaking love this bag. Its cute and perfect for Spring. Not so perfect? The $398 price tag. I shouldn't even be looking at Kate Spade anything right now. Granted, there are baby bags available and a diaper bag falls under the "necessity" category right now, but only if its in the range of say, $20-$40. This bag? Ridiculously cute and ridiculously out of my league. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh that UD set has me drooling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UD's eye pencils are the most amazing in all the land. And seriously, that set nets out to less than $8 a pencil! Incredible. If I had piles of monies, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $8 a pencil is a steal, right? So worth it.

      Delete
  3. I'm droooooling over the pencils. WHY CALI, WHY?!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're safe; they sold out online pretty much immediately.

      Delete